Exports and trade

Mauritius has a restricted domestic market representing only 10% of its production while the remaining 90% is exported to the regional markets as well as to the European and the United States markets. The situation on those overseas markets are closely followed by the Mauritius Sugar Syndicate which is the commercial arm of the sugar sector.